EXIM Bank Uganda – Implementation of Digital (Internet & Mobile) Banking
The goal was to give a plethora of services as part of a new, fresh and delightful digital banking experience to EXIM Bank, Uganda customers.
As the banking world is being transformed from a world of branches to digital financial experiences, with new partnerships, new forms of commerce and even new currencies, banks have come to realise that digital banking is not here to stay, but critical to the survival of the retail bank as we know it.
The way froward is for banks to adapt to digital by taking a customer-led and revenue-led approach to reform and innovation. The key problem for retail banking right now is that they don’t capture revenue effectively through mobile, web, tablet and other channels like most other industries.
Exim Bank wanted Techurate to implement the following modules under the Digital Internet & Mobile Banking Phase 2:
- Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
- National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
- Uganda Electricity Distribution Authority (UMEME)
- Water Authority
- Mobile Money Bulk Upload
- MTN and Airtel Mobile Money Transfer
- ETF Salary Upload
- Prepaid Card
With the mandate given to Techurate, Exim Bank Uganda was looking for innovation in three important areas:
- Improving operations: by making services available for mass banking – cheaper and more efficient.
- Improving customer experience: by making transactions more convenient with a few clicks – easier and simple.
- Developing new areas of business: by making things different to generate more revenue – maximizing the potential of digital